When you try to print or view the print preview of a PaycheckCity calculation or report in Internet Explorer, the webpage may not print or preview correctly and you may receive a script error.
There are a number of reasons why this may be happening:
- Your printer driver could be outdated or corrupt.
- You may not have printer permissions assigned.
- Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet security zone of the web page.
- There is an issue with temporary folders on your user account and and the low folder under the %TEMP% location has been deleted.
To solve the print issue, try the following methods in order:
- Troubleshoot issues with your printer and update your drivers to the latest version. Microsoft offers the following tutorial to help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows.
- Try printing the webpage running Internet Explorer as an Administrator to determine if there is a permissions issue.
- Try printing after disabling Protected Mode from the Security tab under Tools.
- Recreate the missing Temp folder by closing all instances of Internet Explorer, searching for the "%TEMP%" folder, clicking "New Folder," naming the new folder "Low," and then starting Internet Explorer again and printing a webpage.
- Reset low integrity level on the Low folder by going to the Start menu, All Programs, Accessories, right-clicking "Command Prompt" and then clicking "Run as administrator." Type the following command and press enter: ICACLS "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low" /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low Then restart the computer before printing the webpage.