Welcome to PaycheckCity Payroll. We put together a guide to help you get started and ready to run payroll on day 1. When you login for the first time you will be taken through a step-by-step setup that will ask you for information about your company and employees.
Having this information close by will make the setup go quickly.
Step 1: Enter company information
Once you've logged in to PaycheckCity Payroll you will enter your company details. Make sure you have the following information handy.
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Company Start Date
- Company Tax Rates and Exemptions
For more details about adding your company, visit our "Add Company" article.
Step 2: Tell us about your employees
Now it’s time to tell us about your employees and their pay details. You will want to have the following employee information available.
- Employee name, address and email (if you would like earnings records emailed to employees)
- Employee W-4 elections and state tax forms
- Employee salary or hourly rates and pay frequency
- Employee benefits and deductions
For more details about adding your employees, visit our "Add Employees" article.
Step 3: Setup Payroll Definition
Next, you need to set up your payroll definition by selecting the company, pay stub or earnings report type, and employees for your payroll run. You can read more about Payroll Definitions here.
Step 4: Run your first payroll
And now you are ready to run your first payroll.
- Select the Payroll Definition you would like to run payroll for
- Enter hourly details is applicable
- Ensure you have selected a paystub or earnings record
- Run your payroll!